- Bowel cancer treatments include chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and surgery; basis the stage of the disease doctors determine which procedure will work best.
- In some cases, like with prostate cancer, patients may not have any signs in the early stages until it progresses to an advanced stage.
- Therefore, doctors recommend timely screening – especially in those who have any of the risk factors to get an early diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
Despite its high survival rate of 90 per cent, bowel
What are the early symptoms of bowel cancer?
Some of the most common
- Need to excrete more often
- Frequent episodes of diarrhea
- Stomach bread after eating
- Bloating after meals
- Blood in stools
Other unanticipated symptoms of bowel cancer are:
- Unintended weight loss
- unexplained tiredness
- Blood in the urine
- Changes in urine color to dark, rusty or brown
- A lump in the anus or rectum
If any of these appear more than three times a week, check with your doctor.
What are the risk factors for bowel cancer?
When it comes to bowel cancer risk, some of the major risk factors include:
- Lack of exercise
- High alcohol intake
- Diet high in processed meat
- Crohn’s disease
- Family history
- Inherited genetic factors
What are the treatment options for bowel cancer?
Bowel cancer treatments include
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness program or making any changes to your diet.